Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Deep In the Heart of Texas

Wednesday, March 2, 2011


The stars at night - are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Texas.
The prairie sky - is wide and high
Deep in the heart of Texas.
The sage in bloom - is like perfume
Deep in the heart of Texas.
Reminds me of - the one I love
Deep in the heart of Texas.....



Anyone who has ever grown up in a Texas public school knows this song....feel free to add your own *clap clap clap clap* ....you know where.


It's Texas Independence Day today! 


And it's also Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Happy birthday Doc.  I didn't make any Dr. Seuss cookies.  Love him, but I'm a busy girl and my loyalties lie with the Lone Star State.  I have my priorities... :)


If you're jonesin' for some awesome Dr. Seuss cookies tho...please visit my friends:
Sweet Sugar Belle
The Painted Cookie
Whimsy Cookie Co.

Just to name a few....


In fact, If you have any Dr. Seuss or Texas related cookies or cakes...or well, ANYTHING, I invite you to link back!  Please do share your wonderful creations with me today :)





God Bless Texas Y'all

4 comments:

Tennjenny said...

those are great!!

Kat Taylor said...

I LOVE these! Although its been a long time since I have been back to Texas, and didnt really live there very long. I was born there and spent half of my life between there and Florida. I have always thought of Texas as home.

brenda said...

GOD BlESS TEXAS!!! Glad you are back with more amazing cookies!!!

Texas girl too!! Mesquite

Brenda

Alison said...

Thanks y'all!

God Bless The Lone Star State! :)

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios